Pic courtesy of foodhackshowto.com
About 2 week ago I was sitting down with my mom putting together little gifts for a group she's a part of at church. We had to wrap the goodies with Glad wrap and she was struggling with tearing it. So I said, "Mom, why don't you push in the tabs so the roll doesn't slip!?" So, this has prompted me to post a few life hacks I actually use. Even though there are hundreds of Life hack lists out there apparently not everyone has come across one. So here's to my Mom and others who can use a few tips to make tasks just a tad bit easier. Cheers!
1. Chip Bowl You can turn a chip bag into a bowl by simply rolling the bottom on the bag inward. This allows the chips to sit up on their own and keep the chips towards the top.
Pic courtesy of foodhackshowto.com
2. Foil Tabs This on is for Mama! By pushing the tabs in on the side of the box, the roll becomes anchored and the material easier to harvest. Pic courtesy of thicsweekfordinner.com
3. Peeling Perfect Boiled Eggs So, this is another for Mom because sometimes her deviled eggs look like Edward Scissor-Hands helped in the kitchen that day. Make sure your water is boiling before lowering your eggs in. (it's even better if you start with room temp eggs.) Add about a tsp of baking soda or salt to the water, boil for 12-15 min then allow eggs to cool on their own; then shock with cold water. Roll the eggs lightly on a hard surface to crack and the shell comes of clean and smooth. pic courtesy of tasting table.com
4. Ripe Avocado I don't eat avocado, but when I would cook certain dishes for people who liked them, I would always pick a bad avocado LOL. To find a ripe avocado look at the bottom to see if the "belly button" has fallen off and the cavity is a deep yellow color (you can also just remove it to see). The avocado itself should be a dark been color. pic from rabitfoodformybunnyteeth.com
5. Carrying Groceries Living on the second floor of an apartment complex I used this one often because I would only want to make one trip up those stairs. Simply clasp all you handles together. If I had to, I would string some bags on my arms in addition to the bags that were clasped in my hand LOL. Pic courtesy of imgor.com
6. Opening Hard Plastic simply run a can opener along the edge of the hard plastic and voila! pic from brit.com
7. Multiple watch batteries for the price of one! I haven't tried this one yet but, I've been meaning to service all of my dead watches I just have to make it to the store. One watch battery can cost you 5-8 dollars but, buy buying one A-23 12 Volt battery you get 8 button cell batteries for the price of one. Simply takes a needle nosed plier to remove the metal casing and they'll tumble right out.
8. Stop potatoes from budding by putting an apple with the bunch. pic courtesy of care2.com
9. Easy way to remove a splinter pic courtesy of reddit.com
9. No lipstick on my teeth. To make sure lipsticks stays off of your teeth after applying it put your index finger in your mouth, wrap you lips around it like a straw and pull out. This should take care of the inner ring removing the excess lipstick keeping you smile bright and white. pic courtsey of life hack.org
10. Removing deoderant from clothing. To do so, take a dryer sheet and use it to rub the area the deodorant is on. pic from mynewsdesk.com
11. No heating pad no problem You can make your own heating pack for those aches and pains by simply pouring dried rice into a sock, stitching the hole up (using a loop stitch) then throwing it in the microwave to heat. It stays hot quite a while. pic from lilblueboo.com
12. Breaking in your flats When breaking in my flats, heels and boots I put on a pair of thick socks and use the blow dryer to warm the material allowing it give a little bit it the tighter places. Be sure to keep everything on until cool. pic from buzz feed.com
Hi everyone, my name is Nina. I waned to create a space where we could encourage one another, help others and share our wisdom on the "day to day". So, Lets do life together!